Monday 12 November 2012

Autumn in Stuarts Park


Stuarts Park, Middlesbrough, is somewhere I've written about a few times. It's a lovely period park that has been getting slowly restored over the last few years and I spend my lunch time there as often as I can. The upper ponds area of the park is one of the recently restored areas and is starting to look really good now that the mud slick that has surrounded the ponds for the last few months has started to give way to grass. There is a lovely selection of trees there including one of my favourites, the weeping willow. If I ever have a garden big enough to accommodate a large pond, then it will definitely have a weeping willow planted next to it.

I thought I'd post a few of the pictures I've taken of the autumn colours around the ponds.





These last two pictures are of the main landscaped grass area of the park, looking down towards the new lake.



 If anyone lives anywhere near I'd urge a visit to go and see this great collection of trees at what is probably their best.

2 comments:

  1. It's a great place, the ponds have always looked good if I remember right back to being 7 years old! The geese used go have their moments and be a bit fierce at times. An amazing collection of mature trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is looking particularly good at the moment with all of the Autumn colour.

      Delete

Speak to me! Please be kind, I'm such a delicate soul...