Sunday 2 June 2013

Garden Log - May 2013


What a month it's been for growth. Plenty of rain mixed with a reasonable amount of sunny days have sent things rocketing up! Lots of colour is appearing and the amount of soil showing is shrinking by the day. I've dug a new bed in the main garden (it's against a south facing fence, so hopefully that should allow me to try a few more sun lovers), and moved a few bits and pieces around. Here are this month's pictorial highlights.


Dodecatheon

Aquilegia going full bore
This last photo is of the new bed. The wheel barrow will be getting planted up with annuals just as soon as I have a chance to go and buy some John Innes no. 3, and the pot will be housing the dahlias that are currently leafing up in the cold frame. In the bed there are delphiniums, salvia, lavender, hardy geranium, clematis, and a small peony that has started sprouting from tubers (is that the word for peony spuds?) that came loose when I was planting the big one in autumn.
The front garden is also looking great. The brunnera at the front is trying to take over the world. It has been fantastic. The festuca Elijah Blue is also looking great. I've planted a load of lavender out here too, so looking forward to seeing it flower.
These tulips are going over now, but have been gorgeous. These will be going in the front bed for next year and getting joined by more come autumn.
Now all I need is for the good weather to continue so I can sit back and enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me! Please be kind, I'm such a delicate soul...