Thursday 28 March 2013

Garden Log - March 2013

Not much to see here! Like everyone else I'm suffering from non-appearing plants due to the ridiculously cold weather. It's all getting very tedious, and I'm sure everyone could do with a little bit of the old sunlight and warmth... Anyhoo, for what it's worth, here's this month collection of incredibly exciting garden pictures.

Stuff Sprouting. Slowly.

My snazzy new coldframe.

With Stuff in it!



A new trellis arch to replace the one that got flattened by the wind in autumn.

Hellebores. Pretty much the only thing flowering at the moment...



A massive fatsia that I've scrounged off my sister. Needs repotting, but really makes things look much less bare!


There we go. Lots of pictures of soil with the occasional green smudge. Now if we could PLEASE PLEASE HAVE SOME SUN, PLEASE! That would make me very happy.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of sprouts promise color to come! Love the Hellebores!
    Happy Easter!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie
    Mississippi, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm rather taken with them too - It's the first year I've had them, and I want more!

      Happy Easter to your good self.

      Delete
  2. That is a snazzy coldframe indeed
    Are you going to plant out your fatsia rather than leave it in a pot - I have two in the garden and they are thriving and have coped with snow and low temperatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure yet on the fatsia. I know it'll be fine in the ground, but I don't want it getting much larger and I've read they can grow huge...

      Delete
  3. I must say it is a good time of year to have a cold frame. The garden is coming out of hibernation but so, so slowly. The jobs are piling up but the cold is putting me off doing them.
    I was wondering about getting a Fatsia or something similar - I like the glossy foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been the same - even when it's looked nice I've reluctant because it's so cold! The coldframe is great though, highly recommended.

      I really like the fatsia - the massive leaves make for really good texture. I'm planning on trying to propagate it when there's less to do...

      Delete

Speak to me! Please be kind, I'm such a delicate soul...